We Believe …
- The Bible – The Bible is the inspired, infallible word of God (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- The Trinity – God eternally exists as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the expression of perfect love. (Genesis 1:1,26; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1,2; 4:24; Acts 5:3,4; Romans 1:20; Ephesians 4:5-6; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- Jesus Christ – Jesus is fully God and fully man. He came to earth, was conceived in the virgin Mary and lived a sinless life. He died and rose again to reconcile all people to God and to free them from the power of sin and the devil. He will return someday and complete the building of his Kingdom. All who are his shall reign with him. All who reject him shall suffer eternal destruction (Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-38; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13).
- The Fall of Humanity – All people are sinners and need to have a saving relationship with God. People are made children of God when they repent of their sin, place their trust in Jesus Christ, and commit their life to him (Genesis 1:26, 27; 3:1, 24; Romans 3:25; 5:12-18; 1 John 1:8).
- The Holy Spirit – The Holy Spirit continually draws believers closer to God, transforms them into the image of Jesus Christ, empowers them for ministry, and distributes spiritual gifts to the Church. Believers are to always seek to be filled with the Holy Spirit. (John 16:5-15; Romans 8:16, 23, 26, 27; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31)
- Baptism and Communion – Baptism and communion are two ordinances the Lord has given the Church. The only form of baptism we practice is believer’s baptism by immersion. (Baptism: Acts 2:38-41; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 8:26-40; 10:47; 18:8; Romans 6:3-4. Communion: Acts 2:42-46; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29)
- The Church – Though it has multitudes of diverse expressions, there is only one Universal Church of Jesus Christ. It consists of all who have a relationship with Jesus Christ. As one body, we seek to rise above personal and sectarian differences and to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of love and peace (Romans 12:4-18; 1 Corinthians 12:1-27; Ephesians 4:1-16; Hebrews 12:14). (Romans 12:4-6; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Ephesians 2:19-22; 4:12-16; Hebrews 10:24-25)